If it is your first time consigning at Trend please note the following...
1) We do not accept fast fashion
ie) Old Navy, Forever 21, H&M, etc
We tried selling them in the past and they simply do not sell, they have no respect sale value.
2) We do not sort the clothing in front of you/with you and the clothing we DO NOT choose to put for sale on the floor is AUTOMATICALLY SENT TO CHARITY. We offered return service for 15 years and no one ever came back to pick up the clothing we did not select for sale. Now with over 26,000 consignors, we simply do not have the space to offer this service.
3) You DO NOT need an appointment to start a new account or drop off. Consign or drop off anytime! Just ensure you take 5 minutes to read and understand the contract we get you to sign. You are accepting our terms, it is a legally binding contract.
4) The last thing we ask is that you DON'T send us charity items or anything you don't deem awesome enough for us to sell. We end up with 10 times more charity than clothing to re-sell because people treat us like a charity! We will take charity items and send them to those in need. However, you need to SIMPLY MARK THE BAG "CHARITY" and we will ensure it is passed on! Please don't throw it in with your good clothing as it really, really slows down the sorting process.
5) Out of season items, if you want to include them in your drop off, do so... Just know that we keep nice out of season items to sell the coming season. We credit consignors for each item to sell the coming season. We credit consignors for each item we keep however, just so you know, you will make more money consigning it during the appropriate season. Just because you put out of season clothing in your drop off doesn't automatically mean you will get credit for it. Once again, it is 100% at our discretion.
6) Once you start an account we give you a number and that account NEVER EXPIRES! It is a 60-40 split at Trend and the consignor receives 40% of the selling price. We still have thousands of active consignors that have been with us since the beginning. The way we look at it is we are never going to stop shopping so recycling your next to new clothing should always be an option.
7) You can check your balance by simply calling the store and talking to a human being or you can simplify it and go to www.myresaleweb.com and check your balance and activity at anytime. Easy peasy. You can shop in the store with your account credit at ANYTIME (you just need a piece of ID) or request to be on our payout list and pick up a cheque.
8) We only accept drop-offs at the Calgary location.
We are aware that our consignment process is quite different than a lot of other shops. If you are not comfortable with our process, please consider a format with an appointment. Our process is not for everyone. Women always sign our contract, accept our terms and then slander us online because we didn't keep any of their clothing. The selection process is up to us, please understand this. We wouldn't be able to acquire the sheer amount of clothing we get with an appointment based model. Our system works for us and 90% of the people involved. If you are not comfortable, please do not sign our contract and accept our terms.
Thank you for supporting Trend
If you have anymore questions, do not hesitate to ask